The Diocese of Trenton is committed to the initiatives outlined in the U.S. Bishops' Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People in regard to the reporting and investigation of sexual abuse allegations involving minors.
How to Report Abuse
The Diocese of Trenton is committed to the initiatives outlined in the U.S. Bishop's Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People in regard to the reporting and investigation of sexual abuse allegations involving minors.
If you have been sexually abused as a minor by a member of the clergy or anyone representing the Catholic Church, or if you know of someone who was, you can report that abuse through the diocesan Abuse Hotline.
To report sexual abuse of minors call our hotline 1-888-296-2965
What Happens When Sexual Abuse of Minors is Reported?
- A complaint of sexual abuse against a minor by a member of the clergy or lay representative of the Church can be made to the Diocese via the Abuse Hotline at 1-888-296-2965 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receiving the complaint, the Diocesan Response Officer will respond to the complainant/victim within 24 hours.
- Law enforcement will be contacted immediately afterwards regarding all allegations of sexual abuse of minors.
- The Diocesan Victims' Assistance Coordinator will then be contacted and, in turn, will contact the complainant/victim promptly.
- An investigation will be conducted by the Diocesan Review Board (DRB) and the Diocese will cooperate fully with the law enforcement process, including the determination of an appropriate Diocesan response to the alleged abuser.
For more information, please see the links and resources below.
Links and Resources