Foundation for Student Achievement - About
In June 2007, the Office of Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Trenton, through its strategic plan, Commitment to Excellence, endorsed the establishment of a foundation to ensure a quality education for all students of the Catholic schools within the Diocese.
It is the mission of the Foundation for Student Achievement to provide the means for an exceptional Catholic education for children from families in financial need, inspiring them to realize their potential through the education and development of the mind, body and spirit. Further, the Foundation will generate and distribute financial and other resources for the benefit of the students of all schools of the Diocese of Trenton.
The Foundation will carry out its mission by focusing its support in the following areas:
- Provide Funding for the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Trenton to participate in the Catholic Alumni Partnership program.
- Facilitate student development
- Provide funds for students to attend the Catholic schools in the Diocese of Trenton.
- Provide funds for learning activities which supplement, complement and augment the basic education program.
- Provide equipment, facilities and materials not funded through other means.
- Encourage excellence through creative learning and teaching
- Provide venture capital for creative ideas and programs.
- Support the professional development of staff
- Promote community/school partnerships
- Promote community awareness of the schools and programs of the Diocese of Trenton.
- Develop programs to address the needs of the schools and the communities they serve.
- Provide a vehicle through which individuals, businesses and organizations may share resources and gifts with the schools of the Diocese of Trenton, their students and staff.
The Foundation is a private, non-profit corporation. Its only purpose is to serve the schools and students of the Diocese of Trenton. The Board of Trustees consists of individuals with the specific skills and influences necessary to ensure that the Foundation is financially and programmatically successful.