Are You Being Called to Become a Permanent Deacon?
If you are discerning God’s call to serve the Church in the Diocese of Trenton as a Permanent Deacon, a man ordained to the ministry of Charity, Word, and Sacrament, you are invited to take part in an upcoming information session. The presentation will include information concerning the role of a deacon, the discernment process and the five-year Diaconate Formation Program. Before registering to attend this session, please schedule a meeting with your pastor to discuss your call to the diaconate.
Sessions are scheduled for 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4 and Wednesday, Oct. 19 in the Diocesan Chancery, 701 Lawrenceville Road, Trenton, N.J. Registration is required in advance.
Please register with Deacon Michael Riley, Associate Director of Office of Clergy and Consecrated Life by calling 609-403-7134.
The Office of the Diaconate reports to the Bishop and is responsible for the training and formation of men to the Permanent Diaconate and continues to assist all deacons following ordination.
- selects and prepares men for ordination to the diaconate for the Diocese of Trenton
- provides continuing formation for the already ordained
- is responsible for incardination, excardination, faculties, assignments and transfers of deacons
- offers support to widows of deacons
- conducts pastoral visits to pastors and deacons and their wives
Coming together as a brotherhood, deacons of the Diocese of Trenton were challenged by Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M., to live up to the summons issued by Pope Francis on his recent trip to the United States. [continue reading…]